Another great breakfast idea from the “Eat to Live Cookbook,” by Dr. Joel Fuhrman: Tuscan Tofu Scramble.
This serves two people. My lovely wife Jen and I enjoyed this meal for breakfast this morning. It’s only 164 calories per serving, but offers 12 grams of protein!
- 3 whole scallions, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 cups firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- No-salt seasoning blend adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 5 ounces baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
In a large skillet over medium/high heat, sauté scallions, red pepper, tomato and garlic in 1/4 cup water for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and cook for another 5 minutes.
Both of us are losing weight on the Eat to Live diet. The key is high nutritional value and low calories. That’s what makes a meal nutritarian!
Another video from Dr. Fuhrman: